Wednesday 30 May 2012

End Of Brief Evaluation


This brief enabled me to explore different types of design within a field that was interesting for me to research. The brief ultimately saw me focus in on two main disciplines, type and image.

This started off as a relationship between the 2 and how they could work together on the same page or cover. This did not go particularly well and the designs that I created for the books became crowded and they ended up not looking like designs for book covers.

After some thinking I decided to change the approach and decided to design 2 editions of the book covers, one type and one image. This worked better and the deigns I created became appropriate for the format they were being placed onto.
the brief saw me work on bespoke typeface design to communicate messages. Some of the type was illustrative, using typefaces as a foundation for art work and this wold be the only thing I would change in the brief. Although I am happy with the designs I would have liked to create an edition set which specifically delt with the manipulations of the actual typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment