Tuesday 29 May 2012

Spine And Back Cover Design


As the books that I purchased for the book covers spines were different thickness's, I had to factor this into the design for the spines, otherwise the wouldnt shut properly.

These spines have been designed with a serif typeface called 'Baskerville'. This is a classic looking typeface that adds a certain interluctual quality to the books. 



This typeface is 'Helvetica Neu Bold Italic' and although it is one of my favourite and most widely used typefaces, I do not thank it is appropriate for the body copy


The backs of the jacket will be kept simple and all will have the same format, they will also be the same colour of the background colour of the front cover.

The spines will be kept white throughout acting as the divide between the front and back covers


I have Also included typical information that is included on the backs if books such as the logo of the publisher, barcode and isdn number


No comments:

Post a Comment